Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lake Stevens 70.3 Half Ironman! July 6, 2008

I completed my 2nd Half Ironman this past Sunday near Seattle, WA at Lake Stevens. All in all it was a great experience and a challenging race for me. The scenery was beautiful and the hills were abundant! Thanks to the kind listening ears/emails of some friends and my coach, I have now finally stopped obsessing over the many minute details of the race and I won't bore you with them all here. I consider myself more of a runner by experience, so this whole long distance tri thing is a whole different game for me. It is a different form of mental focus that I am still learning. I was a little freaked about the thought of having to complete double the distances for the Full Ironman in just about two months after finishing this challenging race, but as the days pass, I am forgetting the struggles and just focusing on training one day at a time for that "double"distance race coming up! I'm "Going for Gavin" as he fights Cancer month after month, I hope to endure just one day of hardship and complete an Ironman!

As for this Lake Stevens Race, I swam 1.2 miles, biked 56, and ran a half marathon. My overall time was 5:26, which was faster than my last Half race in Orlando in 2006, so that was a good thing! I made this goal and signed up way back in January, so it is definitely great to have completed it! Now onto training for the Full - Yikes!!!

No comments: