Saturday, July 12, 2008

Vacation!

Posted by Picasa
We loved Seattle in February 2007 for our anniversary trip, so we decided to head back for 2008, but this time in the summer. I had signed up for a litte Half Ironman, which took up a good chunk of our time in the middle of the trip, but Ted was glad that he was able to get a spot on a fishing charter the day after my race! He is a creature of habit, so we enjoyed revisiting our favorite restaurant, Chandler's, where he had some great Crab! It was beautiful eating there, the weather was about 70ish and we sat out on the patio enjoying the great view of the water and boats going by. Ted was able to fish with our same guide from last trip, and he enjoyed that quite a bit. I personally enjoyed the Salmon that he caught and grilled for me on the night of our return! :) For those of you that know about Ted's grilling, know that I am definitely spoiled when it comes to getting good meals from his passion as a grillmeister! I was pretty good before the race about trying to eat pretty well and keep my alcohol consumption to a minimum. But, the day after the race we enjoyed a nice patio meal consisting of popcorn "fried" shrimp, chicken strips, french fries, and my favorite beer, "blue moon." It was nice to kick back and enjoy "the day after!" But, I must say my stomach did not feel so great after that meal, but it tasted great!

No comments: