Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Looking forward to a New Season

I had this thought a few weeks ago, that if I could just make it past August and  into September, that I would look forward to the end of Summer and the start of a "New Season"  literally to escape the dreadful heat here in Dallas, and personally to have a fresh start on a new phase of life moving on past this intense phase of grieving.  I realized in the middle of today, "I made it!"  September has arrived folks, and I felt a little glimmer of hope and relief, that we really were going to make it out of this tough phase of life and hopefully find some brighter journeys ahead.

I talked with my friend Autumn from Michigan (who now lives in Nashville) two nights ago, and I just had this funny thought, that it was very fitting, that "Autumn" gave me a full dose of inspiration to finish out the last few tough days of summer, and I look forward to new things to come as we move right into the Season of "Autumn" :)  It was so amazing how I just spilled my guts to her after not talking for so long, it is great how certain friends will always be that way, no matter how long the gaps are.  She gives her life and time to mission work visiting orphans all over the world.  And, lets just say that when I talk to her and hear her passion and see how she is so excited about what she does, I clearly see and feel more than amazed by what God can do in a person's life if they are willing to trust him and take on true adventure.

I was surprised as I was leaving work today, to find that it had started pouring down rain here in Dallas!  Despite the fact that I had no umbrella and was wearing "white" slacks and looked and felt like a dripping wet dog as I arrived at my car in the parking lot, It was actually so refreshing to see the rain coming down.  I felt as though we really were starting September in a fresh new way!  As I got in the car I started thinking about a song that I have been playing over and over in my car with some other songs, that have helped as I have struggled to makes sense of things the past few months. Here are the lyrics (by Mercy Me)

"Jesus Bring the Rain"
I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain


So, looking forward to a new season, and some cooler weather!  The days are still rough at times, I had a few tears today, and if you asked my husband, a bit of a "freaking out" session, regarding wishing I could control very specifically all of the upcoming events of my future and know them all in advance right now!!  But, I made it out for a short jog to clear the mind, and I am working on some things that I am really excited about on the side right now.




2 comments:

Kelsey Claire said...

I am ready for a new season as well! Praying for always friend!

Stacie said...

Hoping this next season is gentler for you as well. :) Let's get together soon.

Much love,
Stacie